Monday 11 February 2008

RIP J Dilla - 2 Year Anniversary

RIP J. DILLA

Today is 2 years since the unfortunate passing of Jay Dee. Last year on this day I made a little deadication to Dilla about all the music of his I've pretty much grown up with over the past 10 or so years. This year, I was gonna try and put something together with some "rarish" Dilla tracks that I love, but I thought Allhiphop.com put together a nice little collection of tunes worth checking out instead.

Please, if you don't know about what this man did for hiphop, PLEASE listen to his music. As used to be the case with me, I'm sure a lot of people listen to the songs he produced for other artists everyday without knowing he produced it, or let alone who he is. I'd be very surprised if any hiphop fan disliked his music.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw a few videos on my blogspot site, so check them out

Q-Tip - "Let's Ride"


Pharcyde - "Drop"


Jay Dee - "Fuck The Police"


Erykah Badu - "Didn't Cha Know"


De La Soul - "Stakes Is High"


Common - "The Light"


A Tribe Called Quest - "Stressed Out"


Slum Village - "Climax"




RIP

No comments: