Friday 21 September 2007

Jay-Z To Release New Album, 'American Gangster' in November

"Jay-Z is currently in the studio working on his next album, the NY Times reports.
The album, 'American Gangster' which is inspired by the upcoming flick of the same name will be his first concept album and should drop in September.
Hov' got the idea after he was shown the film in which Denzel Washington plays the role of Frank Lucas, an early 1970s Harlem heroin kingpin.
“It immediately clicked with me. Like ‘Scarface,’ or any one of those films, you take the good out of it, and you can see it as an inspiring film,” Jay-Z said.

The movie drops November 2 which means that the album could drop the next Tuesday, November 5.
The first single should be 'Blue Magic' produced by Pharrell Williams and should drop in the coming weeks.
Jay-Z spit a few bars from a song titled 'No Hook':
“ ‘Poor me, Dad was gone, finally got my Dad back, liver bad, he wouldn’t live long, it snatched my Dad back.’ ”
Please don’t compare me to other rappers. Compare me to trappers.
I’m more Frank Lucas than Ludacris. And Lude is my dude, I ain’t trying to dis.
Just like Frank Lucas is cool, but I ain’t tryin’ to snitch.
I’m-a follow the rules, no matter how much time I’m-a get.
I’m-a live and die with the decisions that I’m-a pick."

CRA-ZY! Here's the trailer for the movie, which looks nuts as well



No comments: