Friday 4 April 2008

Electricity is pretty good

To state the obvious, I never really knew how much I am truly dependent on electricity til the recent power outages across Melbourne over the past week.

We lost power about 1pm Wednesday, and didn't get it back til 2am this morning (Friday).

Everyone in my house literally could do NOTHING. After I laid in bed listening to music for 3249348293 hours and ran the battery completely flat, I literally would keep going to sleep.

I know many could not work because of the outages, traffic was stupid and there have been some unfortunate incidents where lives have been lost, but it got me thinking that we surely have to be better prepared for storms/winds like we've had over the past week. How can so many people be going with power? Makes you wonder

No comments: