Tuesday 22 July 2008

Rhymefest’s El Che Leaks, iPod Thief Speaks


"

So this morning I received an email from someone calling themself “Prometheus” claiming to have stolen Rhymefes’t iPod, which contained his upcoming album, El Che, in its entirety.

Personally, I thought the email was bullshit until I found two Mp3s attached at the bottom. I’d heard the Primo-produced “RNQ”, but the joint produced by Jazzy Jeff is brand new to me, and both seem to be CDQ.

I can’t imagine ‘Fest would be dumb enough to leave this shit just laying around, but I guess this type of stuff happens all the time. People are just ruthless in this day and age. That being said, I considered not posting it out of respect to ‘Fest, but you know what they say, if they don’t get it from me, they’re going to get it somewhere else.

Either way, someone lost. Who will respond first?

Here’s the letter “Prometheus” sent over this morning:


To whom it may concern:

Whoever reads this open letter, whether it be Allido Records, J Records or Rhymefest (I don't care), listen very carefully.

To all rappers and producers: DO NOT LEAVE YOUR iPOD OR LAPTOP UNATTENDED WHEN YOU ARE IN A PUBLIC PLACE. I will get to that in a second.

First of all, I am a huge fan, and I love your music. I'm one of those people who consider you to be a highly underrated artist, partly due to the wack-ass label you signed to and their lack of promotion, partly due to how lame the Hip-Hop industry is and partly due to your inconsistent record releases. But, I'm going to help you. They say an artist can only create great art through great suffering. I'm going to make you a better artist, and I do this out of love for your music.

I'm not going to say where or when (because then you may realize who I am), but you were in a public place recently with your iPod hooked up to a sound system playing music for people, and I caught you slipping. You actually walked away for 15 WHOLE MINUTES!!! Then, you forgot it!!! Wow. I grabbed MAD music off of your iPod. And what did I find? A ton of songs you recorded for EL CHE. Maybe you shouldn't label the songs soo obviously.

This shit sounds incredible. Actually, this shit is HOT FIRE!!! Why isn't this shit out, nigga? Don't answer that. It doesn't matter. I'm going to help you out, and here is why.

I bought BLUE COLLAR when it dropped. BLUE COLLAR and Busta's THE BIG BANG were the most noteworthy releases that year. And you didn't even go gold? How the fuck does that happen? Oh, my bad: J Records. But, I digress...

I went to some of your shows. I even traveled to see you perform when I could. Hot shit every single time, dude. You never disappoint. But, you would do shit on your MySpace that would build up a fan's anticipation, and then you wouldn't do shit! The EL CHE logo contest? You never said shit about a winner. The PLUGG CITY tour? My cousin submitted her info, and you never said shit about a winner. Who the fuck does that? But, hey: I'm a fan. You must have had a reason, right? Don't get me wrong: I'm not a Stan or some shit like that. I simply need you to do what you say you're going to do.


Then, you claim that EL CHE was coming out last year. Then, it was this year. More contrived industry inconsistency. I've heard some songs like "Angry Black Man on a Elevator" and "Real Nigga Quotes" and I even heard "Exodus" for the 3.5 seconds you put it on your MySpace. That shit sounds incredible. I watched the YouTube videos with the Just Blaze and Jazzy Jeff joints. What the fuck is up with that Jazzy Jeff project, dude?!? Either you or your label are some fucking liars regarding what the fuck is coming out, and I, for one, am tired of it. And, another thing: how the fuck are you going to come at Lupe Fiasco for his political views when you didn't even have an album out? Was you trying to get attention, nigga? Is that it? Attention for what? A new single? EL CHE??!!!?? I don't see a release date, my nigga. Where art thou, release date? Was it worth it? MAN IN THE MIRROR was dope as fuck. Why the fuck isn't somebody trying to figure out how to sell THAT shit?!? I'm confused by you music dudes, for real. I love your shit. I buy your shit. I heard you were working with Dr. Dre on DETOX. Are DETOX and EL CHE ever coming out, nigga? I NEED NEW MUSIC.

I got songs from your iPod. I'm going to leak a record from EL CHE every week until you drop a single or a video or some shit. The people have NO FUCKING IDEA how hot this shit sounds. Well, I'm going to show them. You had everything on your iPod. Even old, vintage shit. I'm gonna drop that, too. Until you or your weak-ass label keep your word and start dropping some fucking music. And, I'm not playing. I'm going to make you a better artist. I can't wait to see what you do.

Let's get started.


Rhymefest - BRING IT BACK (Produced by DJ Jazzy Jeff)

Rhymefest - RNQ (Produced by DJ Premier)

More to come...

Prometheus

"bringing fire to mankind""

No comments: